I’m not a coffee professional, the way I explain how I use my Aeropress is more in line with how someone from a small town will give directions “take a left at the old gas station”.
- Start with boiling the water, it will usually be done by the time you do the other stuff. I boil to anywhere between 200-210 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m sure that’s a big difference, but I can’t taste the difference and some days I’m not patient enough to wait for it to get hotter.
- Weigh the beans. 16 grams of good coffee is my sweet spot. I use mistobox to get some delicious beans every couple weeks. The link is a promo code for both of us to get $10 off.
- Grind the beans. Today I was using this grinder and I put the dial as shown in the photo. I don’t know if that’s where the coffee folks would say to put it, but it always seems to come out tasty for me when I do it there.
- I go back and forth on this, but today I put the cap & filter on the Aeropress first and then flipped it on to my cup. Then I put in the beans and filled the water to the 4 line and stirred (when you stir some will go into the cup).
- Then I put on this part to give it a seal for about 30 seconds. I then take it off (I got tired of taking photos, so no photo of me taking this off) and give it one more stir, before I plunge it all the way down to let out the coffee.
- My last step is that I add a little bit of the hot water to the coffee, otherwise I think it’s too strong.
I *FINALLY* replaced my driver side mirror on my car today.
About 3 or 4 years ago, I went on a trip to Jamaica and when I got back home, my car (which was in the garage the whole trip) somehow managed to have the driver side mirror explode. I kept pushing off replacing it and then I got used to seeing out of it with it cracked that I just didn’t care enough to spend the money.
Fast forward to now, my friend Mike is staying with me while he is in town and using my car, so I thought I’d just see how much it would cost to have it replaced. Only $30 on amazon! I thought it was going to be a ton more, so I probably would have replaced it years ago had I known that.
Shout out to my Dad for his help (doing all the work) on getting it done.
Spent yesterday morning moving my friends, The Hurds to their new home. I think it’s going to be an awesome place for them and for their friends and family to hang out in. The move went well, it started to snow about half way in from the condo we were moving them from, but by that time after going up and down stairs, the snow was a welcome coldness to cool down.
The kids liked looking into the kitchen from the addition on the house.
Not pictured: 75% of the folks that helped move them.
I started a Breakfast Club for my Team RWB group last year.
Last Saturday, we met up at Original Pancake House in Ankeny since we have some members in Ames it’s more of a halfway point.
Always fun hanging out with other veterans.
In my One Year Bible reading plan this morning I came across Proverbs 8:19
My gifts are better than gold, even the purest gold, my wages better than sterling silver!
I then came across this when googling some commentary on it that I thought was encouraging:
Seek him early, seek him earnestly, seek him before any thing else. Christ never said, Seek in vain.
I updated the bookshelf section of my blog. Instead of typing the book I have completed, I am now putting a photo of the book cover along with the date I finished reading the book. It was pretty easy to get it all set up.
I went to my Goodreads profile, found the books I read, copied the image of the book, went back to my blog and pasted the image. It couldn’t have been easier.
I think it looks better this way.
I am working remote today.
Some things I enjoy about the option to work remote:
- Focused work. I talk a ton at work and get side tracked with all my friends there either stopping by my desk or going to them.
- Coffee. I can use all the coffee options I have at my house.
- Plants. I have a couple plants at my setup at home, I’ve tried having them at work but they always seem to die 😦
- Not rushed. This morning I still did my morning routine, but also met a friend for coffee. Since I didn’t have to be in the office, I didn’t have to rush taking a shower to make it on time to get coffee, I was able to do that later in the morning when I had a break from work.
- Music. I can play songs on my Echo, currently enjoying the band Anchor Worship
- Food. I am able to make my lunch without having it get cold. I just made this #nom sandwich of chicken, tomato, avocado and egg.
It doesn’t take a lot to keep me happy. Thankful for this day to work remote.